Sales Support - Freight Forwarding, CBD Location!
Key team member of the business’ commercial side, and an integral link between Operations & Sales and Suppliers & Clients.
Provide business support to the Sales Team in pursuit of commercial growth and business development.
Responsible for procuring and negotiating rates with suppliers and agents and quoting existing, new and prospective clients (import/export/coastal/air/sea).
Analytical support and reporting functions, as well as general administration duties to the Sales Team.
In addition, you will have to be comfortable being a point of contact for clients when the sales team is unavailable and assist with their queries.
You will need to liaise with all necessary parties, forwarders, carriers, operations teams, agents etc to ensure the timely and accurate commercial support.
This will be part of the overall goal where you will be assisting to drive sales and grow the sea freight and airfreight business both import and export.
Skills & Competencies
- 3+ years operations and/or customer service + sales support experience in the New Zealand Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Commercially savvy, out of the box thinker and strong negotiator.
- The ability to develop an intimate knowledge of the business and how they operate globally and domestically.
- Prompt and polite email and verbal communication.
- Good typing skills and familiarity with data processing, Microsoft Word & Excel. Excel at advanced level.
- Ability to work well under pressure and cope well under at times stressful situations.
- This person will need to be resilient in an industry that tends to take no prisoners because of the pace.
- Good numerical and analytical ability, attention to detail, problem solving skills, team player.
- EDI Cargowise experience will be essential
Please email your application to email@example.com
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH VALID NZ WORK VISAS WITH NO RESTRICTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!