Transport Dispatcher needed for busy role
Our customer is one of New Zealand’s largest privately owned freight forwarder and and international leader in supply chain management. They are a global operation with offices across New Zealand, Australia, China and the Philippines who offer cost-efficient freight forwarding, logistics, and warehousing solutions that will provide end to end visibility and control for their customers.
They are looking for a Dispatcher to fill a busy role based in Rolleston, Christchurch. The main focus of this role is completing the hands on management and delivery of an effective daily dispatch for the FCL and LCL fleet. Part of this role is to ensure ongoing and consistent customer satisfaction through effective and efficient responses to customer enquiries, issues, problems
Key skills and attributes required:
- Previous FCL and or LCL transport dispatch experience essential
- Familiar with using a Transport Management System (TMS) – preferably EDI Cargowise
- FCL or LCL Driving experience preferable, but not essential
- Excellent people and business relationship building skills
- Very good planning and organising skills
- Problem solving skills are a must
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid understanding of all Health and Safety protocols and requirements
- Good local area knowledge and wider geographical understanding of New Zealand as a whole
To apply for this role you must be legally able to work in New Zealand with either NZ Residency/Citizenship or a long-term working visa.