Shipping Scheduler with experience needed for busy freight forwarder experiencing large growth
Our customer is global leader in packaging and resource recovery and sustainability. They also provide logistics, freight and supply chain services with end-to-end logistics capabilities. They have smart logistics solutions, focussing on next generation systems integration, automation and data analytics.
This role is responsible for coastal shipping requirements across all aspects of the operations.
With a key focus to optimise efficiencies via accurate forecasting and scheduling of all FCL coastal shipping containers to ensure seamless delivery for internal and external stakeholders.
The role will initially execute the complete end to end solutions for the domestic requirements, and manage weekly packing schedules aligned with inventory / production levels, along with organising landside transportation plans. Building on this, the role is expected to encompass the coastal shipping requirements for other business units, and external clients as they are developed.
Key skills and requirements:
- Experience in New Zealand Coastal shipping, both with coastal and blue water operators
- Handling high volume FCL cargo movements being driven by demand forecasts
- An undergraduate degree in Logistics or Business
- A clear understanding of DIFOT
- Established network within the shipping industry
- Operations planning experience
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong understanding of end to end logistics
This role has as strong focus on continuous improvement throughout the entire supply chain and will encompass the need for trusting relationships to be built with many internal and external key stakeholders.
To apply for this role you must be legally able to work in New Zealand with either NZ Residency/Citizenship or a long-term working visa.